zondag 5 juni 2011

Eifel in May

Halfway the month of May, I revisited the Eifel region.  The weather was a bit unstable so I took my tent instead of the bivy bag and that was a good choice.  I had quite a bit of rain but I managed to keep my stuff dry.

It didn't take long for the first sighting of the deer.  Again they came to the same spot and this time I had a better background so better pictures then last time.









420mm F5.6  1/640  iso 200
420mm F5.6  1/1000  iso 200







420mm F5  1/1000  iso 200



After a while, i hiker passed quite far away but still they felt uneasy and took off, bummer...

After that I only saw a big herd from very far.  At 600mm, the layers of warm air made the pictures look fuzzy.  I saw the herd cautiously approaching a trail.  The lead female took a look left and right, just like someone crossing a street. The road was clear and all the others quickly followed.

The next day, the sun burned so looking for some shade was important.  During the day i tried to find
insects for macro and some of the bugs were cooperative in staying put.  Grasshoppers are not so easy at all.  There were many but most of the time when I got close enough and when i was ready to take the picture, poing! And then it's starting all over again.

100mm F10  1/60  iso 200


100mm F10  1/40  iso 200




















That's it for this trip.  Next up are a couple of pictures from the beautiful region of Cape Gris Nez and Blanc Nez in Northern France.
And at the end of June a hiking trip in the Vosges is planned.  A lightweight backpack to cover more miles also means taking fewer and lighter lenses.  I hope to get some nice landcape opportunities.

I will also put up a new review section were I will share my experience with the gear I use on hikes and photo trips.  This is quite a bit of work so it will take some time to get all of this online.


.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten