donderdag 16 juni 2011

Cape Gris Nez - Blanc Nez

2 weeks ago, I was in the well known region of Cape Gris Nez.  A 30km hike revealed many nice views but the light was way too harsh for photography most of the time so i haven't shot more then 20 frames during the day.  I had the 10-22mm and 55-250mm with me and for long distance hiking this is as lightweight as it gets for wide angle and a bit of tele.

I used my Redged travel tripod for the rocky coast shot.  The wind was blowing quite hard and the spray from the waves made me jump back a couple of times.  I was worried about the 20sec exposure in such strong winds but sharpness is still good.  I also used a gradual ND filter and it is perfect for these kind of shots.  I could only wish for a little more dramatic sky.

10mm F9  20sec  iso 200  -2/3 ec  Grad ND filter


Not only the rocky coast is nice but the landscapes at a couple of km's away from the coast can be very good for photos also.
































I will certainly return if the weather forecast promises a nice sunrise or sunset.
Right now i'm very busy with the long eared owls close to home.  I had my 4th evening in a row now to get some decent 'in flight' shots of these nocturnal stealth bombers that lured me into this nature photography.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten