maandag 8 augustus 2011

120km of Vosges

This trip was more focused on hiking and discovering good locations to come back to later.  The last week of June was a good time to go to avoid the 'masses'.  Due to hot weather and consequently harsh light, I didn't take many pictures during hiking.
The tracks I made with topo maps went through and around Sentier des Roches, Grand Ballon, Hohneck, Gazon du Faing, Gran Ventron, Lac Blanc et Lac Noir, Rainkopf, Lac Longemer and The Belbriette Valley.







My favorites were the Sentier des Roches and the Grand Ventron forest.  Sentier des Roches is a bit of an adventure.  The track is sometimes very difficult to see.  It's not a great track to see wildlife but the views were great.   I love the Grand Ventron forest for it's silence, hopefully I can get some shots of the forest wildlife here.  










Can't come to the Vosges and not take a Chamois picture! 




 




























That's it for this trip.
There was some great news from Vincent Munier, the wolf is back in the Vosges!  And most important, it's a natural comeback.  I hope people there will give them a chance.


Next big trip should be to the Gran Paradiso parc in October-November.  I hope to get a week off from work, fingers crossed!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten