zaterdag 2 april 2011

First trip of 2011

Last week i went on my first photo-trip of the year.  After stuffing everything in, my backpack weighed in at 25kg.  This included sleeping, eating and photo equipment for 4 days.   I first drove to the ardennes to try my luck in the region of Baraque Fraiture.  Unfortunately, logging and later also hunting made it a fruitless 2 day attempt.  Only in the dark i saw some red deer. Not even a D3s could get a shot of them.

I then decided to head to the Eifel National Park.  Many more animals could be seen here because no hunting is allowed within the park itself.  I had the opportunity to see one of the about 10 black storks that are reported to live in the park.  This big heron-like bird landed close but behind a bush so no photos again.  Things where about to change on the last evening and morning.  First 2 roe deer ran into the field right in front of me and started feeding.  I was losing light quickly but i still made some sharp shots at 1/80th iso 800.




The next morning was very chilly.  After a while, i saw a fox and he was coming my way.  The most difficult part was when he got near the bushes.  Is he going to turn right and disappear or should i wait a bit longer  for that sought after close up?  My trigger finger got very itchy and i couldn't resist anymore.  Not close enough but better then nothing.

Some time later in full morning light some deer were appearing.  I didn't expect them to show up anymore but  after an hour they were still close.  Then i also saw some at the other side as well! I was surrounded by deer!  









 After packing up to drive home again the deer still were in the field nearby.  I made some handheld shots while wearing my heavy backpack.  Not easy to get a stable view at 600mm but some photos turned out decent for handheld, heavy backpack wearing iso 800 shots.
Can't wait to get back out again in a couple of weeks!  Then i am heading to the Vosges for 5 days in search of landscapes and wildlife.



Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten